Landscape governance in Socio-Ecological production landscapes and seascapes: Experiences from COMDEKS programme FeaturedWritten by Administrator
- Type: Case Study, Global Publication
- Countries: Ecuador, Ghana, Indonesia
This publication presents experiences from successful on-the-ground actions to maintain and rebuild socio-ecological production landscapes with particular respect to landscape governance, drawing on COMDEKS-supported projects in Ecuador, Ghana and Indonesia.
This publication has three principal parts:
(1) The introduction briefly outlines the importance of governance in socio-ecological production landscapes and seascapes;
(2) Three case studies describe the socio-ecological landscape and its governance structure at the onset of each project, the COMDEKS landscape strategy and activities, developments in governance during the project, and finally lessons learned and challenges ahead; and
(3) The conclusions attempt to sum up the lessons learned and successful approaches from these COMDEKS experiences with respect to landscape governance.